Home News Local & Flintshire News

Spider sparks Hallowe’en evacuation at Ewloe nursery

HALLOWE’EN celebrations at a Ewloe nursery almost went up in smoke when an eight-legged monster set alarms bells ringing.

High-spirited children and staff had to be evacuated on Friday after a spider crawled into a smoke detector and sparked a brief panic.

Firefighters called to Busy Bees at St David’s Park were met by toddlers and teachers dressed as witches and ghosts for a ghoulish fundraiser.

“We were all standing outside in fancy dress because we’d been raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust – the firemen found it very amusing!” said nursery manager Vickie Peers.

But the mysterious goings-on were soon found to be down to a solitary spider setting up home amidst the spooky surroundings.

Vickie said: “They discovered it was all down to a little money spider which had crawled into a smoke detector and spun a web.

“We had the windows open and the breeze moved the web and set off the sensors – I’ve never known anything like it!”

Local Businesses

LocalMole

LocalMole.co.uk

The smart way to find local businesses Read