Home News Local & Flintshire News

Couple have lucky escape from chip pan blaze in Connah’s Quay

A COUPLE had a lucky escape from a chip pan fire at their home in Connah’s Quay.

Firefighters from Deeside were called to a flat in Bethel Place at 11.45pm last Wednesday, December 23, to find the property smoke-logged.

The couple, a 29-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman, had extinguished the fire.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service is repeating its plea for people to ditch old chip pans.

Mark Kassab of the service said: “They had a really lucky escape as their smoke alarm did not operate.

“The man and the woman were suffering from smoke inhalation and had to be treated at the scene by paramedics.”

He added: “Our advice is simple – get out, stay out and call 999 in the event of fire, and throw away your old chip pan - we will provide a safer thermostatically controlled deep- fat fryer instead.

“Chip pans can easily cause a fire in the home. Left unattended, in just a few minutes the oil can overheat and cause the pan to ignite and can cause serious injuries and devastation to a property.”

Local Businesses

LocalMole

LocalMole.co.uk

The smart way to find local businesses Read