Hangeland heads home Fulham winner

Brede Hangeland headed a late extra-time winner as Fulham snatched a place in the FA Cup fourth round with a 2-1 victory over Blackpool.

The managerless Championship side looked to have dumped out their Premier League visitors when Nathan Delfouneso struck after 82 minutes on a freezing cold night at Bloomfield Road.

But Kieran Richardson came off the bench to rescue Fulham in injury time and Hangeland headed home in the 116th minute to book a date with Manchester United or West Ham.

Tom Cairney struck with three minutes of extra-time remaining to break Leyton Orient hearts and send Hull into the fourth round following the 2-1 result. The midfielder's shot from the edge of the penalty area, squirmed away from the despairing dive of Orient goalkeeper Jamie Jones and rolled the ball into the net.

Orient were only denied an upset in the original tie 10 days ago by a last-minute Nick Proschwitz equaliser and Hull left it even later to finally see off their League One opposition in the replay and secure an all-Yorkshire showdown with Championship rivals Barnsley.

Proschwitz had earlier given them the lead with a stunning strike, only for a freak Dean Cox goal to force extra time.

Jon Walters bounced back from his Chelsea nightmare in style by netting a brace to help Stoke to a 4-1 extra-time victory over Crystal Palace at the Britannia Stadium.

Walters endured a miserable time of it in the Potters' 4-0 Barclays Premier League defeat to the Blues on Saturday, scoring two own-goals and missing a penalty.

He received a vote of confidence here from manager Tony Pulis, who opted to keep the forward in the team, and Walters responded by heading home to put Stoke 2-1 up in the fifth minute of extra-time before adding his second of the evening with 10 minutes remaining. Substitute Cameron Jerome then wrapped up the win with a strike in the dying moments.

The game - which followed a 0-0 draw at Selhurst Park 10 days ago - had gone into the additional period after Palace had made it 1-1 in the 87th minute through substitute Glenn Murray's penalty.