Home News Local & Flintshire News

Woman dies in Buckley house fire

A 31-YEAR-OLD woman has died in a house fire in Buckley.

Firefighters were called to the property on Fraser Drive, Buckley in the early hours of yesterday morning (Saturday) where they discovered the body of the woman.

The alarm was raised by police at 2.50am after they received a call from a neighbour.

Police attended and officers saw the wondows of the property were black and hot and called the fire and rescue service.

Fire crews from Buckely and Mold attended and discovered the body of the woman. Three teams of firefighters using breathing apparatus and hose reel jets tackled the fire.

A two-year-old boy was rescued from the buiding. He was transferred to hospital where he received treatment for smoke inhalation and is now in a stable condition.

The family pet dog was also rescued from the property by firefighters.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a candle left unattended near the television in the living room. Police say there are no suspicious circumstances.