Home News Local & Flintshire News

Mold residents call on authorities to act over neighbour fears

RESIDENTS on a Mold street say authorities are doing nothing about a neighbour who is making their lives a misery.

Debbie Tong, of Cunliffe Street, says a group of residents have got together to raise concerns about the neighbour.

She said: “Something is reported practically every day.

“There is a lot of anti-social behaviour, playing loud music, shouting abuse and other things.

“We want something to be done both for us and for the neighbour’s own safety.”

Debbie said reports had been made to North Wales Police, Clwyd Alyn Housing Association, which owns the property, and Flintshire County Council’s public protection department.

“Nothing seems to be getting done,” she said.

“We just get told to keep a log of what is happening, but we need urgent action.

“I can’t go into my back garden without locking the front door.

“Some of the neighbours have children and they are scared to let them play outside.

“We are all affected by this on a daily basis and we need something done.”

North Wales Police confirmed they were investigating the issue.

Tracey Shenton, anti-social behaviour coordinator for Clwyd Alyn Housing Association: “As a registered social landlord Clwyd Alyn Housing Association takes all issues of alleged anti-social behaviour extremely seriously.

“We are working closely with other agencies to resolve this particular matter.

“If any residents wish to provide further information over the matter they can contact Clwyd Alyn direct on 0800 183 5757 and ask for the Anti Social Behaviour Team.”

A spokesman for Flintshire County Council said: “The Public Protection Team has received one complaint last week about alleged noise nuisance in the area.

“As with all such complaints the complainant is sent a ‘nuisance record sheet’ to complete. At the same time the person allegedly causing the nuisance would be notified of the complaint and given the opportunity to respond.

“If the person making the complaint returns the ‘nuisance record sheet’ arrangements would be made for noise monitoring in the complainant’s property to establish whether a statutory noise nuisance exists.”